You used to have to re-upload your video every time you wanted to add it to another Facebook Page. Now you can upload your video 1 time and “cross-post” to any number of Pages.
Why does that matter?
Let’s face it, larger numbers get more attention. So UPLOADING copies is a problem because you divide up your view count. But CROSSPOSTING shows your audience an aggregate view count. This can help a video gain momentum with each Page posting, rather than start with a view count of zero each time it’s added to a new Page.
For example, if you CROSSPOST a video to 3 Pages on which you get 30k views, 50K views, & 20k views. Your total aggregate view count (100K) will be displayed on the video, no matter which Page it’s being viewed on.
Crossposting also allows managers of both Pages to see analytics for the video, and which posts the views are coming from.
How to Video Crosspost (3 PARTS)
1. Establish a crossposting relationship with another Page
- Click Settings at the top of your Page
- Click Crossposting in the left column
- Begin typing the Page’s name or Facebook URL and select it from the list that appears
2. Once the relationship is established, choose videos the Page can crosspost:
*This can only be done by a Page admin (not a Page editor)
- Click Publishing Tools at the top of your Page
- Click Video Library in the left column
- Hover over a video and click “Edit Video”
- Click Crossposting
- Click the toggle next to Page’s name
- Click Save
3. The other Page can now Crosspost your video(s)
Publishing tools → Videos You Can Crosspost → Create Post With Video